Monday, May 14, 2012

Week Fifteen


This is the story of how my deep fear for elder people started.
 That day started as any other day in the super market. My parents along with my little sister and I were buying the groceries for the week. I have always been and oblivious child, so it wasn’t surprising when I got distracted by the toys section. I was so mesmerized by the pretty colors and silly shapes that I didn’t notice my parents leaving. I was probably eating a lollipop. I can’t remember. 
Anyway, I was standing there in front of the toys when I reached to grab what was supposed to be my parents’ basket. Something must have felt weird because I looked down at the basket’s contents-something I never did. There I found the most bizarre things a five year old had ever seen. Granola bars. Sugar free cookies. And PANTIES!!! I remember asking my “dad” why was he buying THOSE things, but when I looked up I saw the most traumatizing view ever. Two elder people, a husband and a wife, were grinning like Cheshire cats at me. I started to shake and stammer like I do whenever I am nervous. The old lady took my hand like if she had claws and asked me if I wanted them to adopt me. Doing what a wise five year old would do in this case, I ran off like a jack lope. I didn’t know where I was going or where my parents were, but I knew I had to flee before the oldies found me. Thankfully, my family was just few meters away from me.
I swear I had nightmares for a week. All involving old people turning into ferocious kid eating creatures. My parents still laugh at this story. They use it against me whenever I get lost. Thankfully my interior GPS has improved over the years.
Twelve years have passed since that fatidic day, but my fear for older people is still there. I am so scared of the day my grandparents become al wrinkly and old because I don’t know if I will be able to survive that. And what about when I grow old! I just wish the end of the world happens before THAT happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment