Monday, April 2, 2012

Week Nine


I’m not sure where to start. This week was kind of insane.  I spent most of my time waiting for Friday to come. You see, on Friday I finally had the chance to look at my grades. It was such an amazing relief to find out that I had not flunked biology. Man, I was jumping up and down when I saw my grade. For a moment I believed that the highest grade I could aspire for was a seventy, but no. Miraculously I got a 91! Cool, huh? Right now, I’m currently waiting for the cuticles of my right hand to grow again.  
Also, on Friday we started “Semana Santa” ’s vacations.  Dude, did I need a break. Sure, I still have to work on a pile of assessments and homework, but at least I get the chance to sleep ‘till late- well, kind of. The not so shiny side of all this is that I have to spend my lazy afternoons working at my mom’s library.
Recently, mom opened this teeny tine little place with school supplies and stuff like that. She is all excited about it. For years, I’ve heard her wishing for her own business; but with us moving to other places it was kind of hard. Now that we are finally settled, she opened her library. It is cool. I’m happy for her. There is a glint of excitement in her eyes that I hadn’t seen for years. She says that with her library she will finally be able to stay at home. The truth is that since I was young, mom hasn’t been able to stay at home most of the afternoons because of her job.   I don’t blame mom for working so hard. We are four sisters and from experience I know that girls can be REALLY expensive. What I actually regret is that my younger sisters didn’t have the chance to be with mom as much as I did when I was their age. So, even if I get annoyed by sitting all day waiting for customers to buy sheets of paper or pencils, mom’s hopeful face keeps me from groaning whenever she asks me to take care of her business.
Right now, I’m writing from the Ant’s library. There is no internet, so I will have to copy and paste what I’ve just written. Ugh, what I do for my parents; but in the end, I guess that sitting here is the least I can do for their sacrifices.
I just cross my fingers so someone else, apart from a pizza or strawberry seller can walk through the door.  I need clients; so, if someone needs something for school and want it cheap just contact me. Write a comment or something. I don’t care. Just make sure you are in the American continent; else, your bad my friend.,
Keep gorgeous.
Leslie. 

1 comment:

  1. Good to know that you are helping your parents. Congrats for getting 91 :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete