Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week Twelve

On today's class we discussed what would we change in our lives if we could live them over. It got me thinking. What would I change in my life if I had the chance? Tricky question, isn't it? I mean, most of our lives we spend bawling over all the things we wish we hadn't done, but when people ask us about those things we are speechless.
What would I change in my life?
Maybe buying that expensive horrid shirt I bought long ago. Perhaps watching that movie that gave me nightmares for most of the week. I don't know. All of the sudden I forgot the thousand things I wished I could reverse.
We people are confusing, aren't we? We can't figure out the sense in our lives. As Charlie of 'Perks of being a Wallflower' said, " ...I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."
I guess that what Charlie was trying to say here is that while we repent of the numerous mistakes we have done in our lives, we still feel somewhat conformable with the life we have driven ourselves. We can't explain that feeling because it is contradictory. Sadness and happiness just don't mix together, right? Still, we manage to feel both of this feelings at the same time.
What would I change in my life?
I would try to be happier and less anxious.
Would I change my life?
I'm not sure. I'm still figuring that out.

See you next week,
-Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Nice, "I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be" like it it makes you think a lot :)

    ReplyDelete