Saturday, April 7, 2012

Week Ten

I cant' believe that vacations are almost over. I won't lie and deny that I'm currently feeling beyond depressed. I don't want to go back to school! I mean, it is not like I don't want anything to do with it, is just that I don't want to wake up early again! It feels so nice to wake up and find that you can sleep two more hours. So, please tell me, why do good things have to end so soon? It is just that I find it so annoying when all  the boring stuff takes forever to be over. Like the time I was sitting on a hard plastic chair listening to the weather man giving a two hour speech about rain and precipitation and all that weatherly stuff. The man talked so slowly that for a perturbing moment I was positive I was going to grow roots.
On the other side, there is also the time I ate my first Gelato. According to people Gelato contains more sugar than regular ice cream, which of course makes it more appealing to a sugar deprived child like me. I remember taking the first spoonful. It was like eating a piece of a rainbow. Sugary. Creamy. Heavenly. I can't remember which flavor I ate, but I do remember how fast it went down my throat. It took me like five spoonfuls and then-Poof! it was over. I licked and double-licked the paper cup, but not even a small sample of my delicious threat was left to enjoy. I felt so upset, I had to work hard on stopping myself from crying because gelato was after all not the cheapest dessert I've eaten in my life.
So this is a question I have asked my self all my life: Is there a middle? I mean, if good things go fast and bad things go slow there should be a middle stage.  For example, if people make me listen to them and their murderously boring speeches, I should be rewarded with a big yummy cup of Ice Cream, so while I'm sitting hopelessly, I can have something that keeps me sane. This way both sides win. People have their audience and I have my threat. Everyone is happy. I don't know, but I think this should be really considered as a possible new philosophy. I even named it: Leslie's Philosophy. Awesome name, huh?
So this is what crosses my mind.
I'm aware that this week's post was a bit short. But I honestly don't want you to loose your time in nonsense. I'm kind of suffering from writer's block here. Forgive me for my lack of eloquence.  I hope that by next week I will find the cure for this disease.
 Do you have any advise? Anything will be well received.
See you next week,
-Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm interesting thing :) well you know I think that good things happen fast cause that way we can appreciate them more, I mean, if there were no boring things then how would we know what the great things are? :)

    ReplyDelete